The Temple of Love from the sky

Print signed by Thomas Garnier


As early as 1777, Richard Mique was working on plans for the Love Monument. He presented the Queen with a model in wood, plaster and wax, created according to her instructions by the sculptor Joseph Deschamps. Contrary to her habits, Marie-Antoinette immediately accepted the project. Construction began immediately, and was completed in July 1778. The Queen refused the sculpted group submitted by Deschamps and had a copy of Edme Bouchardon’s statue of ” Love cutting his bow from Hercules’ club ” installed in its place.


Ten of the 200 photos in the book “Le château de Versailles vu du ciel” by Thomas Garnier (photographer at the Palace of Versailles) have been selected and signed.


Dimensions: 30 x 40 cm (picture mount included)
Grammage: 230 g

The photo is delivered unframed.

Select quantity:

Free 4x payment with Paypal for purchases over €30

Your purchase supports the Château de Versailles

This site is registered on as a development site. Switch to a production site key to remove this banner.